- Present better in front of the company
- Being a software engineer is much more than coding, its about good communication
- Getting better at crucial conversation
- Great trick for introverts to meet people
Overcoming our fear
- find your harbor
- forget something to say
- practice your comeback if you forget what to say
- rehearse potential problem (e.g., projector not working)
- blank out on stage
- "Let's skip this for now"
- Drink water
- being exposed as a fraud
- the art of saying "I don't know"
- not being good enough
- imposter syndrome
- But, how good is good enough?
- Attend conference talks. You need reference.
How to get better?
The Lean Startup model
Building the proposal and the talk
- Pick topics you're truly interested in
- Check the call for proposal from first
- also show how you can modify your talk for a short slot
- Who, what and how
- tell about your own experience
- apply again
- Measure / Learn
- Gather feedback from audience
- Watch your presentation
- Take notes on what questions are being asked. They're what people interested in.
- reuse your talk in different occasions